We are seeking experienced pro-active bookkeepers/junior accountants who have worked in a small practice environment for at least 4 years.
The successful candidates will be AAT qualified, or ACCA/ACA part-qualified (or looking to study).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing the bookkeeping function within a growing accountancy practice – including the development and training of junior staff;
- Completing accounts from incomplete records to high quality trial balance stage within budgets
- Resolving complex bookkeeping issues arising on bookkeeping systems via a strong understanding of double-entry book-keeping;
- Advising clients on best practice of book-keeping, and use of emerging systems / tools.
- Implementation of new cloud-based book-keeping systems for clients including advice and use of both best practice, and new tools available (and continuing to monitor the landscape as it continues to develop).
- Be an expert user of Xero, Sage, Quickbooks and Excel – and have a good knowledge of emerging bookkeeping technology / MTD, and other generic cloud-based book-keeping systems;
- To prepare year end accounts for sole-traders, and limited companies;
- Completion of draft Corporation Tax returns, and Individual self-assessment tax returns;
- Ability to clearly communicate in person, over the telephone and via email.
To apply send your CV and a covering note to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability status.